THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Another Fantastic Birth


I attended another great birth on Monday, Aug. 20th...but with a different midwife than usual. This was my first birth with her, and I was quite impressed with her hands-off style. I haven't seen that other than in my preceptor, so it was awesome.

Mom was in labor a total of about 7 1/2 hours...which was long for her, as her last two were under 2 hours total. NOT fair at all. LOL But she did beautifully...she was chit chatting for quite a while after we got there, and I wasn't sure if it would even be "it" for a while. Contractions picked up when she and hubby went for a walk twice, but would calm down when she'd get back to the house. She decided to get into the tub after the second walk, and relaxed for a while. Contractions really began picking up, and it wasn't long after that the baby was born. The coolest thing about the water birth, is that the midwife uses a Rubbermaid Horse Trough. Seriously. It worked wonderfully because it was deep enough, wide enough, and the sides were definitely sturdy enough to labor against.

At 1:09pm on Monday August 20, we had a gorgeous baby boy. He weighed in at 9lbs3oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. Mom did beautifully, and I got to witness first hand how a baby will "crawl" to mommy's breast when left alone on mommy's bare chest. God is so awesome in His design. Every time I attend a birth, I see the glory of God.

This is a picture of me and the baby. I look awful, but it's a picture nonetheless. ; )




No comments: